The Island’s Built Environment is a key asset in the development of the long term economic future of the Isle of man. In line with the Island’s National Strategy; 'Our Island Plan', a renewed focus on the Built Environment will see benefits for both businesses and residents.
Some benefits include:
- Stimulate and accelerate development of Brownfield sites which will improve the impression of the Island and contribute towards growth and prosperity
- Uplifting the image of the Island and making the urban landscape more attractive to investors, economic migrants and tourists thus increasing its value proposition for residents
- Improved and streamlined planning services which add value for applicants and facilitate doing business on-Island
- Improved housing stock with appropriate design built to standards in line with Climate Change Plan
- Protection and enhancement of our built heritage
- Supportive infrastructure which respects our rich culture, biodiversity and sense of place
Major Planning Applications Trial
Town Centre First Principle Exploration
Manx Development Corporation
Business Isle of Man is part of the core team supporting with the delivery of the Built Environment Reform Programme which aims ensure the Isle of Man is agile enough to respond flexibly to prevailing circumstances and move with acuity to ensure the Built Environment meets the Island’s needs. In particular, Business Isle of Man has been involved in the development of a major planning applications process and exploration of the Town Centre First Principle.