Business Isle of Man, in partnership with the Isle of Man Chamber of Commerce is hosting knowledge exchange workshops for on Island businesses looking to grow and innovate while navigating the current economic environment. The series of 12 workshops will begin in November and will be delivered in collaboration with experts from the industry, successful businesses and government specialists covering a broad range of topics including company structures, VAT, basic accounting, digital marketing, scaling up for export, accessing finance, ecommerce and business resilience.
Registrations are open for the following workshops:
The world of digital marketing is a vast arena that many get completely lost in and find totally overwhelming, and no wonder! Within digital marketing there are many specialisms that are often full-time roles within themselves such as Email Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, PPC Advertising, Digital Public Relations, Social Media and so much more! In this workshop we will start to demystify all these areas within Digital Marketing and find out what is relevant to YOUR business.
This workshop will cover:
1. An overview of digital marketing
2. The buyer's journey
3. What is and isn't relevant to your individual business
4. How to use your time effectively when marketing your business with limited resources
5. Creativity vs Ad Spend - How to hit the sweet spot for online advertising!
Presenter: Rhian O'Leary, Founder of Regality Ltd and Digital Marketing Specialist
An insightful session covering everything you need to know about the different types of Company structures, the legal requirement for basic accounting, the types of accounting records and how to choose a software that is proportionate to your business’s needs. This workshop will also explain basic taxation including: Income tax, VAT, Payroll taxes and overseas filings.
Presenter: Nicola Bowker, Managing Director at Nicola Bowker & Co
This workshop is aimed at individuals who already have some knowledge of using social media for business.
Organic social media marketing is still an important part of an integrated digital marketing strategy, but in 2023 reach will continue to decline. The best marketers are now utilising paid social to reach existing and new online audiences, to build their brands, grow their email lists and sell their products. In this session Kirsty will cover:
1. Why we need to continue to market in tricky times
2. The Digital Landscape – a high level overview
3. Understanding your data and social media marketing efficiency
4. The digital trinity – how social / email / website work together
5. The power of paid social and what is possible
6. A closer look at how paid social (ads) can grow your email list
7. The importance of knowing your audience to create conversion focussed copy
8. The importance of creative and understanding what works BEFORE you brief the creative team
Presenter: Kirsty Lawrence, Founder of Mann Social and Social Media Marketing & Advertising Consultant
In-person and online
May 16, 2023
Mar 31, 2023
St. John's Mills Conference Centre
Nov 30, 2022
Jul 29, 2022